Tribe Talk

Tribe Talk > About Cars  >  Toyota Vios > New Vios TRD, too many new problems. Great resale value? I don't think so!!!
Jump to page:  
  <<  <  1 .. 7 8 9 10
Date Joined:
24 Jun 2016, 11:37 AM
13 Apr 2015, 11:45 AM

Hi, not just this new model. i'm facing the same problem also. system break problem. so big quality issue and safety.

i'm also frusted. compare to Proton model much more better.

^ Top
Date Joined:
15 Mar 2018, 08:58 AM
20 Apr 2015, 01:27 PM

Toyota Vios is really a Milo Tin!!!

I was recently banged from behind by a Proton Saga. The Saga sustained light damage, while my Vios was badly damaged. 

My frustration added up when I went back to Toyota to repair my car. They are not helpful at all. You have to get everything done by yourself, i.e extract first police report, extract final police report (at least 14 days after the first police report), JPJ search, claiming loss of use of car against 3rd party's insurer. Imagine if you a company's employee, you have to take leave many times to settle all those things. 

When I asked them why are they not helping the customers to get everything done while the other panel workshops can offer ALL-IN-ONE service when we send our car to those workshops to repair? Their replied was "Not our normal practice"

They also rejected my request for a courtesy car during the repair period and told me that "It is not our normal practice".

The best part was my final bill came up to RM7,400.00 (claimed from insurance). Yes, you read it right, RM7,400.00 for a damaged back. My friend's Volvo S80 with a badly damaged front (includes headlights, bumpers, paintwork, labour, etc etc) only costed him RM11,000.00 when he sent back to Volvo to repair. 

I find it very unfair to the customers, especially the new car owners, when Toyota Malaysia restricts/forbids the new car owners to send their cars to outside workshop during the 3 years/100,000km warranty period, failing which, your warranty will be deemed VOID. 

If without such restriction from Toyota Malaysia, I can choose whichever Insurer's panel workshop I want. I can choose those workshop that can provide ALL-IN-ONE service plus a courtesy car during the repair period if not because of the funny restriction put up by Toyota Malaysia. 

Toyota Malaysia already charged us so much when we bought their cars, and yet they still provide this kind of service? 

The new Toyota Vios seems to have many problems. Toyota Malaysia is aware of them, but, they will not rectify it if you did not complain. Where is their integrity?

Still thinking of buying a Toyota? THINK AGAIN!

^ Top
Date Joined:
15 Mar 2018, 08:58 AM
21 Apr 2015, 07:24 PM

QUOTE(WENGSENG @ 21 Apr 2015, 07:43 PM)

how come so expensive insurance claim?the whole back bumper only less than RM500.....

Now you know..... Toyota's parts and labour are not cheap. Initially they claimed even higher. But the adjuster had cut down their claims. Yet, it still costed RM7,400.000.....

QUOTE(WENGSENG @ 21 Apr 2015, 07:43 PM)

how come so expensive insurance claim?the whole back bumper only less than RM500.....

Now you know..... Toyota's parts and labour are not cheap. Initially they claimed even higher. But the adjuster had cut down their claims. Yet, it still costed RM7,400.000..... After charging customers so much on their car price, parts and labour, they still provide this kind of service. So why should we buy Toyota in the first place? People should just go for Proton car.
^ Top
Date Joined:
01 Jul 2015, 05:39 PM
26 Apr 2015, 07:43 PM

Hi guys!

I'm very much surprise to read that the 2015 vios is having so many issues.

I'm driving the '06 G spec facelift model and so far i'm still having an awesome and smooth ride! Besides the wear and tear of the car parts, i would say my car is still in tip top condition. On top of that, my car's mileage is clocked at 319800km now. Accelaration is still powerful as well as the handling is smooth.

Many mechanics, car wash staffs or even toyota mechanics themselves told me the my '06 vios model is the best model in terms of durability and reliability. Many of them said cos the assembly at that time is still largely manual compared to fully auto assembly now (as in heavily depending on machines).

What FC are you guys getting with the new Vios? Till today i keep an Excel worksheet of my car's FC. I'm still enjoying RM0.12 per km or 15KM/liters or 6.67liters/100km. In fact end of March, i could go 621 km on a full tank, i really wonder what's the FC of the new vios now.

Just early this week, my car got bang from behind, and it's just the that is damaged. After repair, it's good to go. If it's really true the quality have dropped so much, i'm surprised. They could make such a good Vios 9 years ago, and now instead of improving, it's deteriorating? Please look in to this Toyota!

^ Top
Jump to page:  
  <<  <  1 .. 7 8 9 10

Tribe Talk

Vios 2014 - Speedometer p...

27 April 2015, 09:15 PM
Last post by : $last_username

New Vios TRD, too many ne...

26 April 2015, 07:43 PM
Last post by : $last_username

Complaints on Car Quality...

26 April 2015, 12:21 PM