Tribe Talk

Tribe Talk > About Cars  >  Toyota Vios > New Vios TRD, too many new problems. Great resale value? I don't think so!!!
Jump to page:  
  <<  <  1 .. 6 7 8 9
Date Joined:
04 Apr 2017, 09:17 AM
08 Dec 2014, 02:23 AM

Hi kuihock86,

I hope you still remember me.

Sorry for not updating. Because I have sold my Vios TRD early June. FYI, All mounting , Roof and so on has replaced before pass to new owner.

Tire for struggle for claim parts, complaints for SC/SA.

Is horrible experiences been Toyota Vios owner for almost 7 months. I lost 14k for sold the worst ever so called "Popular Quality and Good RV car".

Now I'm driving Kia Cerato 2.0 since July. And I can say the FC is same as this gen Vios. diff is 2.0 deliver much more power and Fun to drive. NVH is much better. ( disclaimer:- Not ads - Solely share the feels between Vios owner and now Kia owner.)

Lesson learned - Please don't believe those said Toyota has better Quality and RV than Kia.

Situation will change in next 5 years. Will see. Advice from ex-owner of horrible Toyota Vios car.

QUOTE(kuihock86 @ 08 Dec 2014, 03:06 AM)

Hi, i also make complaint for many time, lastly i hard hard tell the SA i wan claim warranty for the lower arm. After check, he say change right side, i don accept, i keep fight for both side, then last last only say claim for me which i spend so many time to talk n talk n talk. The SA say foreman say claim right side, i ask him ask the foreman test drive with me. At last only say claim for me without test drive. WTF service! i fill the survey form very low marks because i was not SATISFIED!! i reqeust for other SA serve me, but come with the previous SA that i don like his attitude. So his survey marks, u know la.. hehe

QUOTE(SAMCHONG87 @ 06 Dec 2014, 06:16 PM)

May I know which services center you went to? I think the Subang one suck. I have complaint 3 time about my lower arm is the same they tell me no problem. But everytime i cross bump the sound kluk kluk is there. 

QUOTE(LOUISL88 @ 05 Dec 2014, 06:45 PM)

Hi guys,

Jst bought G spec Vios this month, i think toyota had solved all the problem, currenty my car no weird sound or any weird things happen. Hope this may help you guys.

^ Top
Date Joined:
28 Apr 2017, 11:27 AM
27 Dec 2014, 09:45 AM

Mine is E spec, with no separate aircon on-off switch, everytime cold start with aircon temp turn on, there is belting squeaking noise. complain few times already, but still the same.

QUOTE(zumaidi @ 27 Dec 2014, 10:55 AM)

So far I can see complaints are on :

1. noisy zink roof top

2. kluk-kluk sound when cross over road bumper

3. rattling sound from dashboard

4. paint too thin, easily scratch

5. reverse camera has no indicator line

6. fuel consumption not as expected

7. Range meter not accurate

any else ?

QUOTE(peter86 @ 12 May 2014, 08:20 AM)

QUOTE(YeapGH @ 11 May 2014, 11:50 AM)

Kuihock86,

We should gather as much owners as possible to take serious action. We suppose to enjoy our ride every time we drive. Not the other way round!!!

I have posted my Dissatisfaction thru Toyota Malaysia Facebook page. Seem they just silent --- no reply what so ever. 

I have sent complaint letter to Japan at ap-overseas@mail.toyota.co.jp . Now waiting for they respond.

If worse to worse. I'm consider to make press statement. Can you stand the Frustration of Dissatisfaction again the worse quality? Don't mention about safety features. This car all the long is worse in safety!!! Our life is nothings to them( Toyota ) For such High price We paid.

Gather as much as car owners... I'm ready to make a press statement too regardless car knocking issue upon speed bump, roof issue, and many other rattling sounds that occur

^ Top
Date Joined:
03 Jan 2017, 02:02 PM
30 Dec 2014, 09:05 AM

1. kluck sound from the engine bay, it's the engine mounting part number 1230521440, this is for the sound comes from the driver engine side, and sound like it's from the dash. i've just changed mine. silent now.

2. dash panel rattling settled with those small sticker like insulator. you can also diy there.

i got  too fedup with the sounds i put my car was in there for them to test all over entire week, bit inconvienience but at least it solved all my rattlings, no choice. just put your car there 2-3 days in sc for them to diagnose. if you go in 1 day diagnose and expect it to be done, it aint gonna be done from my experience.

^ Top
Date Joined:
22 Jul 2015, 08:47 PM
11 Jan 2015, 08:08 PM

Haha I see you are a loyal Toyota fan bro izzhunt and quite understanding personyes. There will surely be upgrades and improvements everynow and then some unfortunate buyers sure to miss out cos they bought a bit too earlyfrown. If anyone is to be blamed then must be the salesman who intentionally/unintentionally did not inform them about this. Perhaps those who are keen on the push start and keyless entry can get togather and appeal to UMWT to retrofit it at at cost. Then everyone will be happy macheeky Btw I am still stuck with my old Vios and no fancy gadgetsblush

QUOTE(izzhunt @ 11 Jan 2015, 09:20 PM)

Same with me bro..My car juz about 6 months..not even a year..sad

Now all spec got push start and keyless entry

QUOTE(leolim @ 09 Jan 2015, 12:13 PM)
It quite unfair to those owner of the equitment jz for fews months like me...hate

^ Top
Date Joined:
31 Dec 2016, 02:15 AM
11 Feb 2015, 10:15 AM

The ratio is 1:1000? Out of 8 friends of mine who owned the 3rd gen vios, 7 of them said that their lower arm and mounting are affected. The another one said his vios is OK, but when i drove his, ahhh the same kluk kluk problem, only that he not realize it, easy to say... he only drive from destination to another

QUOTE(izzhunt @ 11 Feb 2015, 11:49 AM)

hye,

Noise came from the mounting & lower arm. It's a common problem for the 3rd gen vios. Juz go to the SC and make a complaint. They have been aware of this probs. Sure they will fix for U but it takes time to order the part. However not all of the owner affected. The ratio is 1:1000.

This is what SC told me..

QUOTE(NABILAFIF @ 13 Jan 2015, 10:37 AM)

hye im bill. i  got the same problem here. the kluk kluk sound. darn..what is that noice actually? i buy the full spec trd sportivo and this is i get from a 93 thousand ringgit car?what a disapointed.

^ Top
Date Joined:
31 Dec 2016, 02:15 AM
11 Feb 2015, 10:21 AM

friend, may i ask something? what do u mean by steering 'mengedik' effect? is it the effect of steering lawan balik our turn during cornering? like not a power/electric steering?

QUOTE(faizuri @ 11 Feb 2015, 11:57 AM)
Hi all....we got our vios in march last yearand its under my wife name n our car having all the prob that mentioned earlier in this thread....my mounting changed alredi n the prob seen to be solved..my rooftop prob solved when they installed new pad last week but yet to experienced it in heavy rain.my dashboard konpom ada bunyi n alredi komplain to sc....they solved it a bit n still hv some more noise( my komplain bunyi kat steering wheel since April a month after I got car still not resolved)....ill keep on komplain until I satisfied..when everithing seem to better for my vios...new prob arise....this time is about my power steering...my power steering dun wan to hv mengedik effect when we touch it....since our vios is using electric power steering,they tend to hv that mengedik effect when we touch it..kesan from that....my steering felt heavier n hard for me to handle it....its made my driving more unpleasant....dah le kena tolerate with dashboard noise,rooftop n mounting noise n now this.....ive alreadi komplain twice to sc n twice they said there r nothing wrong with my steering....i ask them to check it with j spec viosr n when we touch the stering, the steering mengedik as it should but mine r not.....n they still saying that there r nothing wrong with steering.....sigh.....there r no word to describe how disipointed we re with big brand TOYOTA n really regreat my decision to choose vios over preve that r much cheaper n more spec...at least with proton....with all the prob the monthly installment is cheaper n we malaysian kind a ready with all proton prob....BTW we sold our alreadi abis byr gen 2 n our pride n joy proton putra for kononnya one 'ultimate' better car. FYI saya mmg 'suka sangat' pegi sc berulang kali n cuti tahunan saya mmg khas utk trip to sc..boleh makan roti Massimo free...thank you TOYOTA for my 'memorable' experience with rm80k vios with overpriced oem bodykit...sigh...that I'll will cherish it with my friends.ARIGATO

^ Top
Date Joined:
24 Jun 2016, 11:37 AM
13 Apr 2015, 11:45 AM

Hi, not just this new model. i'm facing the same problem also. system break problem. so big quality issue and safety.

i'm also frusted. compare to Proton model much more better.

^ Top
Date Joined:
01 Jul 2015, 05:39 PM
26 Apr 2015, 07:43 PM

Hi guys!

I'm very much surprise to read that the 2015 vios is having so many issues.

I'm driving the '06 G spec facelift model and so far i'm still having an awesome and smooth ride! Besides the wear and tear of the car parts, i would say my car is still in tip top condition. On top of that, my car's mileage is clocked at 319800km now. Accelaration is still powerful as well as the handling is smooth.

Many mechanics, car wash staffs or even toyota mechanics themselves told me the my '06 vios model is the best model in terms of durability and reliability. Many of them said cos the assembly at that time is still largely manual compared to fully auto assembly now (as in heavily depending on machines).

What FC are you guys getting with the new Vios? Till today i keep an Excel worksheet of my car's FC. I'm still enjoying RM0.12 per km or 15KM/liters or 6.67liters/100km. In fact end of March, i could go 621 km on a full tank, i really wonder what's the FC of the new vios now.

Just early this week, my car got bang from behind, and it's just the that is damaged. After repair, it's good to go. If it's really true the quality have dropped so much, i'm surprised. They could make such a good Vios 9 years ago, and now instead of improving, it's deteriorating? Please look in to this Toyota!

^ Top
Jump to page:  
  <<  <  1 .. 6 7 8 9

Tribe Talk

Vios 2014 - Speedometer p...

27 April 2015, 09:15 PM
Last post by : $last_username

New Vios TRD, too many ne...

26 April 2015, 07:43 PM
Last post by : $last_username

Complaints on Car Quality...

26 April 2015, 12:21 PM